I'm an ESL teacher in Mexico City.
The slightly longer bio
Hello there, my name is Aaron Nelson. Pleasure to meet ya! I've been teaching Business English in Mexico City for the last seven years, and I totally love it. I'm married to a lovely girl named Anna, and we have two boys:Nathan who is almost 5, and Samuel who is getting close to being 1.
I am from British Columbia, Canada today, but was born and grew up in Nova Scotia (complete opposite side of the country.)Professional Interests
I am very much into learning about how to be a better teacher. That means, atleast for now, that I'm thinking a lot about the role of the teacher in the ESL classroom, how to create and sustain addictive, fun, joyful, engaged, highly motivated classroom experiences. I'm very interested in learning about how we learn L1 and L2, and what relationships exist between the two.I'm very interested in blogging and how to incorporate emerging technologies in the classroom.
On Being a Purpose Driven Teacher [In development.]
- I purpose to work myself out of a job. I equip students to learn on their own.
- I purpose to encourage learner autonomy.
- I purpose to be a trajectory coach, which means I see my students as ACTIVE learners, already in motion on their learning curve BEFORE they meet me.
- I purpose to learn how to deliver student centered classes.
- I purpose to never stop learning.
- I purpose to be passionate about what I do, and the people I work with and for.
Professional bookworm. Books I'm in the middle of right now: Beowulf, The Lord of the Rings, The TKT Course Book I also enjoy writing, movies, walking, drinking coffee, travel, hiking, camping, and playing guitar.That's a little about me.